In this bustling paradise known as Florida, the car you drive speaks volumes about your lifestyle. With vast highways, sun-soaked beaches, and lively cities, the Sunshine State has a unique charm that appeals to car enthusiasts, tourists, and residents alike. From economy cars to full-size vehicles, what’s the most common car in Florida? Let’s find out.
J.D. Power ranks Hertz as the best car rental company in North America, and for good reason. Their focus on customer satisfaction means you’ll have a great time renting from them – from start to finish.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car has locations all over the world, so they’re bound to have one close by. Plus, they offer a wide selection of cars – from economy to luxury – so you can find the perfect ride for your trip.
Fox Rent-A-Car is the perfect solution for budget-minded travelers. They offer low rates on all of our vehicles, so you can hit the open road without breaking the bank.
* With Expedia member prices, you could save 10% or more right now on thousands of cars.
The Most Common Car in Florida
Most common car brands and models in Florida:
- Toyota Camry: Known for its reliability and fuel efficiency, the Toyota Camry has been a popular choice among Floridians for its comfortable ride and spacious interior.
- Honda Civic: The Honda Civic has long been a favorite among compact car enthusiasts in Florida, offering a blend of practicality, fuel efficiency, and a reputation for being dependable.
- Ford F-150: As a state with a strong affinity for trucks, the Ford F-150 has been a dominant presence on Florida’s roads. Its versatility and towing capacity make it a popular choice for work and recreation.
- Chevrolet Silverado: Similar to the Ford F-150, the Chevrolet Silverado is a common sight in Florida, particularly in rural areas and for those who require a rugged and capable truck.
- Nissan Altima: Combining style, comfort, and decent fuel efficiency, the Nissan Altima has found a significant number of buyers in Florida as a reliable midsize sedan.
- Honda Accord: The Honda Accord has maintained its popularity in Florida due to its well-rounded attributes, offering a comfortable ride and practical features.
- Hyundai Elantra: Known for its affordability and reliability, the Hyundai Elantra has garnered a significant market share in Florida.
- Jeep Wrangler: With its off-road capabilities and iconic design, the Jeep Wrangler has a strong following among adventurous Floridians who enjoy outdoor activities.
- Subaru Outback: Florida’s diverse landscape and outdoor activities make the Subaru Outback a desirable choice for its all-wheel-drive capability and ample cargo space.
- BMW 3 Series: Among luxury car options, the BMW 3 Series has been well-received in Florida for its performance and prestige.
Please remember that car preferences can vary based on economic factors, lifestyle choices, and other regional influences. For the most current and accurate data on the most common car in Florida, it’s best to refer to up-to-date market research and automotive sales reports.
#1 Toyota Camry
Recognized for its remarkable reliability and exceptional fuel efficiency, the Toyota Camry is undeniably a popular pick among Floridians. The car’s ride quality is smooth and comfortable, complemented by a spacious interior that sets it apart. Besides, its outstanding safety features and advanced technology make it a staple on Florida’s roads.
#2 Honda Civic
The Honda Civic has held its ground as a favorite in the Sunshine State’s compact car segment. Renowned for its practicality, fuel efficiency, and steadfast dependability, the Civic is a quintessential vehicle for Florida’s diverse road trips and urban drives. Its sleek design and performance further add to its allure.
#3 Ford F-150
Florida’s roads witness a strong presence of trucks, and the Ford F-150 leads the pack. Known for its versatility, robust performance, and impressive towing capacity, the F-150 stands as a testament to Florida’s affinity for powerful and multipurpose vehicles. Whether it’s for work or recreational activities, the F-150 is a stalwart choice.
#4 Chevrolet Silverado
The Chevrolet Silverado stands shoulder to shoulder with the Ford F-150, being another common sight on Florida’s roads. Especially popular in rural areas and among those needing a sturdy, dependable truck, the Silverado’s ruggedness and impressive capabilities resonate with the Floridian spirit.
#5 Nissan Altima
Striking the perfect balance between style, comfort, and commendable fuel efficiency, the Nissan Altima has carved its niche in Florida. The midsize sedan, known for its dependability and sleek design, continues to captivate a significant number of buyers in the Sunshine State.
#6 Honda Accord
The Honda Accord’s enduring popularity in Florida is testament to its comprehensive appeal. Its well-rounded attributes include a comfortable ride, practical features, and a reputation for durability. The Accord’s fuel efficiency and spaciousness further cement its position as a Floridian favorite.
#7 Hyundai Elantra
The Hyundai Elantra has successfully managed to capture a significant market share in Florida. Known for its affordability, reliability, and modern design, the Elantra has gained recognition as a trustworthy vehicle offering a balance of value and quality.
#8 Jeep Wrangler
For the adventurous Floridians with a penchant for outdoor activities, the Jeep Wrangler serves as a perfect companion. Its off-road capabilities and iconic design have earned it a dedicated following. The Wrangler’s versatility and robustness truly embody the adventurous spirit of Florida.
#9 Subaru Outback
The Subaru Outback’s all-wheel-drive capability and ample cargo space make it an ideal choice for Florida’s diverse landscapes and outdoor pursuits. Whether you’re embarking on a beach trip or exploring the state’s natural beauty, the Outback ensures a seamless journey.
#10 BMW 3 Series
When it comes to luxury cars, the BMW 3 Series has carved its niche in Florida. The vehicle is celebrated for its stellar performance, sophisticated design, and prestige. For those seeking luxury without compromising on performance, the 3 Series is a prevalent choice in the Sunshine State.
Remember, car preferences can vary significantly based on various factors, including economic conditions, lifestyle choices, and regional influences. For the most recent and precise data on the most common car in Florida, it’s advisable to refer to the latest market research and automotive sales reports.
The Allure of Standard Cars
What makes the standard car a common sight on Florida’s roads? Is it the design, the performance, or the value it offers? Well, it’s a mix of all these elements.
Standard cars generally boast sufficient room for at least five passengers and usually include a few additional amenities compared to their compact counterparts. They offer decent gas mileage, which is crucial when you’re traversing the extensive road networks in Florida.
Whether you’re commuting in Miami’s rush-hour traffic or planning a road trip from Virginia to Florida, a standard car proves to be a dependable choice. No wonder they’re found aplenty in rental fleets, driveways, and parking lots all over the state.
Exploring Florida with a Standard Car
- Miami’s Thrilling Cityscape: Exploring Miami in a standard car is a breeze. With roomy interiors and smooth handling, standard cars help you navigate through Miami’s busy streets with ease.
- Florida’s Enchanting Coastline: Standard cars are excellent for coastal drives, offering ample cargo space for beach gear.
- Road Trips: If you’re considering a long-distance drive across the state, the fuel-efficiency and comfort of a standard car are unmatched.
“Whether you’re a resident or a tourist, a standard car will ensure your Florida experience is second to none.”
The Role of Rental Services in Popularity
The popularity of standard cars in Florida can also be attributed to the prevalent car rental services. It’s common for visitors to rent a car in Florida, whether they’re exploring the sunshine state’s beauty or here for business.
Car rentals allow people to choose a vehicle that fits their needs perfectly, and more often than not, the standard car emerges as the favored choice. According to a roundup on the 10 best cars to rent, standard cars made the list due to their blend of affordability, comfort, and performance.
Florida’s car rental scene is vibrant, from Miami to Orlando, offering a wide selection of standard cars that cater to diverse needs. This ubiquity of standard cars in rental fleets further cements their status as the most common car in Florida.
Do You Need Rental Car Insurance in Florida?
As a tourist, when you rent a car in Florida, you might wonder about insurance. The state laws mandate specific insurance requirements for rental cars. So, before you hit the road, be sure to acquaint yourself with these rules. A well-informed driver is a safe driver, after all!
Standard Car vs. Other Car Types
While the standard car reigns supreme in Florida, other car types also enjoy considerable popularity. Cars like full-size rental cars, mid-size rental cars, economy cars, and compact cars all have their unique pros and cons.
- Full-size rental cars offer more space and comfort but can be costlier.
- Mid-size rental cars strike a balance between size and economy.
- When it comes to economy vs. compact cars, the former offers more fuel efficiency, while the latter is easier to handle and park.
The most common car in Florida is the standard car, a symbol of practicality and comfort. This versatile vehicle type appeals to both residents and tourists alike, making it a popular choice on the sunny roads of Florida.
Whether you live in the sunshine state or are just visiting, knowing what car is most common can help you blend in and understand the lifestyle better. And who knows? You might even end up behind the wheel of one, cruising down Florida’s scenic highways.
So, here’s to the standard car, the real superstar on Florida’s roads. Its winning blend of affordability, functionality, and comfort make it a top choice for many and the most common car in Florida. Enjoy your drive!